• Won 51 of 51 races in 2018 Gubernatorial Election
• Recruited and retained Precinct Chairs and Precinct Coordinators, bringing the total of current DEMOCRATIC Precinct Chairs from 130 to 376
- 66% of Bexar County population now has precinct chairs
• Opened a new Bexar County Democratic Party Headquarters and secured a long-term donation to pay for rent
• Paid off debts and maintaining a balanced budget with healthy financial reserves
• Provided training programs and created training resources to help all volunteers and precinct chairs learn best campaign practices
• Created opportunities for better communication and organizing among precinct chairs
• Strengthened relationships between the BCDP and Democratic Clubs across the county
Chairwoman Monica Alcántara is a mom and step mom to four daughters and has been married to her husband, Ruben for over 13 years. She is also a grandmother to her 4-year-old grandson. Monica’s ancestry has deep family roots in Bexar County dating back to the 1800’s.
For over 20 years, Monica has served as a Litigation Paralegal. Her experience has been working on cases assisting clients who have suffered from unfair treatment or injured workers. She has worked on over 900 cases from inception to resolutions. Monica has assisted her trial attorneys in court rooms and cases across Texas and the United States.
Monica has sat on various committees and boards. While serving on these boards, Monica has played a role in furthering the goals of these organizations including but not limited to fund raising.
Monica’s experience in work and in these organizations, includes knowledge and commitment in providing efficiency and management to every case or project. Monica has received honors and commendations as a dedicated employee and board member.
Monica is a lifelong democrat and true believer in the democratic agenda.